The U.S. Women’s National Team is ready to play its penultimate match of 2022, taking up Germany at 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 10 at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The match will probably be broadcast on FS1 and is the primary of two conferences in a four-day span between the USA and Germany. The USWNT, ranked No. 1 within the newest FIFA World Rankings, will tackle Germany, runners-up at this summer time’s Women’s EURO and the third-ranked staff on this planet, to shut out the calendar yr.
The video games towards Germany proceed a extremely aggressive fall for the USWNT, which can play its remaining eight video games of the yr towards groups which have certified for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, which kicks off in simply over eight months. Since the knockout rounds of the Concacaf W Championship, the USA has performed Costa Rica and Canada, each of whom may also characterize the area in New Zealand and Australia, performed two video games towards perennial African energy Nigeria and traveled to Europe for matches towards England and Spain, each of whom are amongst the favorites to win the match. The USA, which has gained a file 4 FIFA Women’s World Cup titles, enters Thursday’s recreation in Florida on a 71-game house unbeaten streak, the second-longest such streak in program historical past.
Following the match on Thursday night time, the groups will journey to Harrison, N.J. the place they may play once more on Sunday, Nov. 13 at Red Bull Arena (5 p.m. ET on ESPN). Fans may also be capable to observe the motion by way of Twitter (@USWNT), Instagram (@USWNT), Facebook and the official U.S. Soccer App.
USWNT DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB; CAPS/GOALS)
GOALKEEPERS (3): 21-Adrianna Franch (Kansas City Current), 18-Casey Murphy (North Carolina Courage), 1-Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)
DEFENDERS (7): 3-Alana Cook (OL Reign), 19-Crystal Dunn (Portland Thorns FC), 23-Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC), 12-Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC), 8-Sofia Huerta (OL Reign), 5-Hailie Mace (Kansas City Current), 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): 14-Sam Coffey (Portland Thorns FC), 10-Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyon, FRA), 20-Taylor Kornieck (San Diego Wave FC), 16-Rose Lavelle (OL Reign), 22-Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC), 2-Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit), 17-Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit)
FORWARDS (7): 7-Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit), 13-Alex Morgan (San Diego Wave FC), 9-Mallory Pugh (Chicago Red Stars), 15-Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign), 6-Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit), 11-Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC), 25-Alyssa Thompson (Total Futbol Academy)
The 24-player roster for these matches towards Germany options 20 gamers who took half within the European Tour in October, together with now 18-year-old Alyssa Thompson, who made her worldwide debut on Oct. 7 towards England to develop into the youngest participant to earn a primary cap for the USWNT since 2016. Thompson, who turned the 70th teenager all-time to seem for the USWNT, celebrated her 18th birthday on Monday. Returning to this roster are forwards and NWSL MVP candidates Alex Morgan and Mallory Pugh, each of whom have been unable to take part within the October camp however convey a wealth of worldwide expertise and attacking aptitude to this roster. Taylor Kornieck is again within the midfield whereas goalkeeper Adrianna Franch earns her first call-up since October 2021 after a stellar season with the Kansas City Current wherein she collected NWSL Best XI Second Team honors whereas main the membership to the NWSL Championship Game. Defender Emily Fox can be again within the squad after struggling an harm within the opening phases of the Oct. 7 match towards England that stored out of motion for the Oct. 11 recreation in Spain.
Alex Morgan heads into these matches towards Germany on 198 profession caps, two away from turning into simply the 13th participant in USWNT historical past to succeed in the 200-cap milestone. Since making her worldwide debut in March 2010, Morgan has tallied 119 targets and 46 assists in her 198 worldwide appearances, good for fifth on the USA’s all-time scoring charts and 11th in assists. Should Morgan look in each matches towards Germany, she may attain the milestone within the Nov. 13 match at Red Bull Arena and develop into simply the sixth energetic participant on this planet with 200 caps, becoming a member of her USWNT teammate Becky Sauerbrunn, who reached the milestone in February of this yr, together with Canada’s Christine Sinclair and Sophie Schmidt, Sweden’s Caroline Seger and Sherida Spitse from the Netherlands.
BACK IN THE SUNSHINE STATE
After a pair of hard-fought defeats in Europe, the USWNT appears to be like to return to its profitable methods on house soil, the place it’s engaged on a 71-game house unbeaten streak and has gone over 5 years and not using a house loss. This is the second-longest house unbeaten streak in USWNT historical past, the longest enduring 104 video games from December of 2004 to December of 2015.
During this house unbeaten streak, the USA has outscored its opponents 266-29, together with a 136-5 margin throughout its final 33 matches at house, all of which have been wins save for the 0-0 attracts with Czech Republic on Feb. 17 and with Korea Republic on Oct. 21, 2021.
Thursday’s match in Fort Lauderdale would be the 38th recreation all-time for the USA within the state of Florida, the place it holds an all-time file of 33-3-1. The United States has gained 19 consecutive matches in Florida, outscoring opponents, 60-6, in these video games and will probably be taking part in its first match within the state for the reason that 2021 SheBelieves Cup in Orlando.
SERIES HISTORY: USA vs. GERMANY
The USA and Germany have performed 33 instances beforehand with the USWNT main the general collection 22-4-7. Despite the lengthy historical past between the groups – which dates again to 1988 – this would be the first assembly between the perimeters since 2018, when the groups met on March 1 within the SheBelieves Cup. The USA gained 1-0 behind a 17th minute aim from Megan Rapinoe on a snowy and windy night time in Columbus, Ohio on the primary match day of the match.
The final three conferences between the USA and Germany all got here in the course of the SheBelieves Cup, with the groups assembly in the course of the 2016, 2017 and 2018 editions of the match. The USA gained all three matchups – and is unbeaten within the final 15 head-to-head conferences with Germany – although all three video games have been determined by only one aim. In 2016, the USA gained 2-1 behind targets from Alex Morgan and Samantha Mewis, adopted by a 1-0 victory in 2017 behind a game-winner from Lynn Williams.
Thursday’s recreation in Fort Lauderdale would be the 17th assembly between the groups on U.S. soil, the place the USA has a file a 11-2-3 within the earlier 16 conferences.
Germany would be the fifth totally different European opponent the USA has confronted this yr and the ninth for the reason that begin of 2021, having performed Sweden twice throughout that span and the Netherlands, Portugal, France, Czech Republic, Iceland, England and Spain as soon as every.
Ranked No. 3 on this planet within the newest FIFA rankings, Germany is the highest-ranked opponent the USA has confronted this yr and the highest-ranked foe for the top-ranked Americans since taking part in third-ranked France in April of 2021. The USA gained that match in Le Havre on April 13, 2021, 2-0, behind targets from Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe.
2022 USWNT MEDIA GUIDE
The 2022 U.S. Women’s National Team Media Guide is accessible for obtain. The Media Guide options all of the historical past and statistic for the USWNT, in addition to full bios on technical employees and the present high gamers, info on the USA’s Youth Women’s National Teams and common essential info on U.S. Soccer.
NEW YEAR, NEW ZEALAND
When the calendar turns to 2023, the eyes of the U.S. Women’s National Team – and the footballing world – will shift to Australia and New Zealand for the fast-approaching 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The USA will kick off the brand new yr with extremely worthwhile preparations for the World Cup as it can maintain its annual January Training Camp in New Zealand and play two matches towards the Football Ferns.
The USWNT will practice in New Zealand for six days earlier than going through the Ferns on Jan. 18 at Sky Stadium in Wellington/Te Whanganui-a-Tara (4 p.m. native/10 p.m. ET on Jan. 17) and once more in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau on Jan. 21 at Eden Park (4 p.m. native./10 p.m. ET on Jan. 20).
The January matches would be the first ever video games for the USA in New Zealand and each video games will probably be performed on the venues which simply six months later will host all three of the USWNT group video games on the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
On October 22 on the Women’s World Cup Final Draw in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau, the USA was positioned into Group E, which meant it will face Vietnam on July 22 at Eden Park, the Netherlands on July 27 at Sky Stadium and the Group A Playoff Winner on Aug. 1 again at Eden Park.
2023 ON THE HORIZON
The 2023 Women’s World Cup Final Draw came about on Oct. 22 in Auckland and place drew the expanded subject of 32 groups into eight group, setting the pathway and schedule for the match. The match will open on July 20 as co-host New Zealand takes on Norway in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau. An hour later, co-host Australia opens towards the Republic of Ireland in Sydney/Gadigal. The full match schedule together with kickoff instances might be discovered right here.
The USA will face World Cup debutant Vietnam, Netherlands and the Group A Playoff Winner — both Portugal, Thailand or Cameroon — in Group E, taking part in the whole thing of the group stage in New Zealand. The U.S. will open Group E play towards Vietnam on July 22 at Eden Park in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau after which face the Netherlands on July 27 at Wellington Regional Stadium – often known as Sky Stadium – in Wellington/Te Whanganui-a-Tara, marking the primary time in FIFA Women’s World Cup historical past that the 2 finalists from the earlier match will meet in group play. The USA will then shut out the group stage towards the Group A Playoff Winner on Aug. 1 at Eden Park in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau.
The Inter-Confederation Playoffs will decide the ultimate three qualification spots for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, together with the USA’s remaining opponent for the group stage. The ten-team playoff match will happen in New Zealand from February 17-23, 2023 and options ten nations break up into three teams, with the winner of every group qualifying for the Women’s World Cup. Group A will characteristic Cameroon towards Thailand on Feb. 18 with the winner taking up Portugal for a berth to the World Cup on Feb. 22.
AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND 2023 GROUPS
Group A: New Zealand, Norway, Philippines and Switzerland
Group B: Australia, Ireland, Nigeria and Canada
Group C: Spain, Costa Rica, Zambia and Japan
Group D: England, Group B Playoff Winner, Denmark and China PR
Group E: USA, Vietnam, Netherlands and the Group A Playoff Winner
Group F: France, Colombia, Jamaica, Brazil and the Group C Playoff Winner
Group G: Sweden, South Africa, Italy and Argentina
Group H: Germany, Morocco, Colombia and Korea Republic
Single match passes can be found between now and March third by way of FIFA’s ticketing portalon a primary come, first serve foundation. Prices will begin at AUD/NZD$20 for adults and AUD/NZD$10 for youngsters. For extra details about the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup go to the FIFA’s 2023 World Cup hub.
USA ROSTER NOTES
- The loss to England Oct. 7 snapped a 13-game profitable streak for the USA, which dated again to its second match of the yr towards New Zealand. The loss towards Spain on Oct. 11 marked the primary time the USA had misplaced back-to-back video games in over 5 years.
- The two targets allowed in each video games in Europe have been essentially the most allowed by the USA this yr – having conceded simply two targets whole by the primary 14 matches of the yr.
- Since the beginning of 2020, the USWNT has performed 31 matches within the United States and 18 outdoors the nation. The USA is 29-0-2 in home matches and has outscored the opposition 127-3 (+124) at house and is 10-4-4 with a 35-16 aim margin (+19) when taking part in outdoors the USA.
- The most capped participant on this roster is Becky Sauerbrunn at 210, adopted Alex Morgan (198), Megan Rapinoe (196), Crystal Dunn (125) and Lindsey Horan (120) whereas the least capped gamers are Casey Murphy (10), Adrianna Franch (10), Trinity Rodman (9), Naomi Girma (8), Hailie Mace (7), Taylor Kornieck (5), Sam Coffey (3) and Alyssa Thompson (2).
- Becky Sauerbrunn is the oldest participant on the roster (37 years previous) whereas Thompson (18) is the youngest.
- Through 16 video games in 2022, the USWNT has had 27 targets scored by gamers below the age of 24. Over the course of 2019, 2020 and 2021 – a complete of 57 video games – the USWNT had a mixed whole of 10 targets scored by gamers below the age of 24.
- Morgan is the highest scorer on the roster in worldwide play with 119 targets whereas Rapinoe has 62. Lindsey Horan has 26. Dunn and Pugh each have 24 targets for the USWNT whereas Rose Lavelle has 22. Smith has 11, together with a team-high 10 targets in 2022.
- Smith comes into the National Team after a trophy-laden month wherein she turned the youngest NWSL MVP in historical past after scoring 14 common season targets, then scored within the NWSL title recreation to earn Championship Game MVP honors whereas main Portland Thorns FC to its third league title.
- With 10 worldwide targets up to now this yr with the USWNT, the 22-year-old Smith will probably be seeking to develop into the youngest participant to guide the WNT in scoring in a calendar yr since a 21-year-old Mia Hamm led the USA with 10 targets in 1993, seven years earlier than Smith was born.
- Sixteen totally different gamers have scored for the USWNT up to now in 2022 – Smith (10), Mallory Pugh (6), Catarina Macario (5), Alex Morgan (4), Rose Lavelle (4), Kristie Mewis (3), Ashley Sanchez (3), Ashley Hatch (2), Trinity Rodman (2), Midge Purce (2), Kelley O’Hara (1), Jaelin Howell (1), Andi Sullivan (1), Taylor Kornieck (1), Emily Sonnett (1) and Lindsey Horan (1).
- The USA’s different six targets this yr got here by way of personal targets, essentially the most ever in a calendar yr in program historical past with three on Feb. 20 vs. New Zealand, and one every on April 12 vs. Uzbekistan, June 28 vs. Colombia and Sept. 6 vs. Nigeria.
- Fourteen totally different gamers have tallied an help for the USWNT soc far in 2022 – Pugh (7), Lavelle (6), Sanchez (3), Alana Cook (2), Sofia Huerta (2), Megan Rapinoe (2), O’Hara (2), Purce (1), Hatch (1), Naomi Girma (1), Macario (1), Smith (1), Sullivan (1) and Emily Fox (1).
- Andonovski is 41-4-6 in 51 video games and went unbeaten (22-0-1) in his first 23 matches in control of the USWNT, setting a file for one of the best begin for a head coach in USWNT historical past. The USA opened the Andonovski period on a 16-game profitable streak.
- Of Andonovski’s first 51 video games, 33 have been at house and 20 have been towards groups ranked within the top-13 on this planet.
- With Alyssa Thompson’s debut on Oct. 7, Trinity Rodman’s debut on Feb. 17, Naomi Girma and Aubrey Kingsbury’s first caps on April 12, Taylor Kornieck’s debut on June 25, Carson Pickett’s first cap on June 28 and Sam Coffey’s first cap on Sept. 6, 17 gamers have now earned their first cap below Andonovski, with seven debuts coming in 2022.
- Nine of the 12 NWSL golf equipment are represented on this roster, together with 2021-22 UEFA Women’s Champions League winners Olympique Lyon and Los Angeles youth membership Total Futbol Academy, for whom Alyssa Thompson performs. Four gamers are from the 2021 NWSL Champions Washington Spirit, 2022 NWSL Shield Winners OL Reign and 2022 NWSL Champions Portland Thorns FC.
IN FOCUS: GERMANY | FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
Current FIFA World Ranking: 3
UEFA Ranking: 2
FIFA Country Code: GER
World Cup Appearances: 8 (1991, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019)
Best World Cup end: Champions (2003, 2007)
Record vs. USA: 4-22-7
Last Meeting vs. USA: March 1, 2018 (1-0 win for USA in Columbus, OH)
Head Coach: Martina Voss-Tecklenburg (GER)
GERMANY WOMEN’S NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): 1-Merle Frohms (VfL Wolfsburg), 12-Almuth Schult (Angel City FC, USA), 30-Ann-Katrin Berger (FC Chelsea, ENG)
DEFENDERS (10): 2-Carolin Simon (FC Bayern München), 3-Kathrin Hendrich (VfL Wolfsburg), 4-Sophia Kleinherne (Eintracht Frankfurt), 5-Jana Feldkamp (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), 8-Maximiliane Rall (FC Bayern München), 17-Felicitas Rauch (VfL Wolfsburg), 23-Sara Doorsoun (Eintracht Frankfurt), 24-Sjoeke Nüsken (Eintracht Frankfurt), 25-Nicole Anyomi (Eintracht Frankfurt), 28-Joelle Wedemeyer (VfL Wolfsburg)
MIDFIELDERS (9): 6-Lena Oberdorf (VfL Wolfsburg), 9-Svenja Huth (VfL Wolfsburg), 14-Lena Lattwein (VfL Wolfsburg), 16-Linda Dallmann (FC Bayern München), 20-Lina Magull (FC Bayern München), 22-Jule Brand (VfL Wolfsburg), 26-Chantal Hagel (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), 27-Paulina Krumbiegel (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), 31-Janina Minge (SC Freiburg)
FORWARDS (4): 10-Laura Freigang (Eintracht Frankfurt), 11-Alexandra Popp (VfL Wolfsburg), 19-Klara Bühl (FC Bayern München), 33-Melissa Kossler (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)
GERMANY ROSTER NOTES
- The USA and Germany have gained 11 out of the 15 world championships which were contested in ladies’s soccer historical past. The USA has gained 4 Women’s World Cup titles and 4 Olympic gold medals whereas Germany has two Women’s World Cup titles and one Olympic gold medal.
- On Sept. 3, Germany certified for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup with a 3-0 victory over Turkey (adopted by an 8-0 trouncing of Bulgaria on Sept. 6) and topped Group H in UEFA qualifying with a 9-0-1 file whereas scoring 47 targets and permitting 5. Germany is considered one of seven international locations to have certified for each Women’s World Cup that has been staged. The different six are USA, Sweden, Norway, Japan, Brazil and Nigeria.
- At the tip of July, Germany made a powerful run to the title recreation of the 2022 UEFA Women’s Euro, however fell in time beyond regulation to host England, 2-1, in entrance of a file crowd at Wembley Stadium. Midfielder Lina Magull scored Germany’s lone aim within the remaining, which was performed with out star ahead Alexandra Popp, who was injured throughout warmups and couldn’t add to her six match targets, which tied for many within the competitors.
- Seventeen of the 26 gamers on this roster for the matches towards the USA have been part of Germany’s roster for the 2022 EURO.
- Popp is the most-capped participant on this roster with 122 worldwide appearances and has 61 profession targets, good for fifth all-time within the historical past of the Germany Women’s National Team.
- Midfielder Svenja Huth is the following most skilled participant on the roster with 75 caps whereas Magull has 22 targets in 66 worldwide appearances, the second-most targets by any participant on this roster.
- Midfielder Lena Oberdorf is one other standout on this German roster. The 20-year-old was named the EURO 2022 Young Player of the Tournament and has 33 caps already in her younger profession.
- With the Women’s Bundesliga lengthy being one of many world’s high leagues, a lot of the German gamers keep house to play professionally and 24 of the 26 gamers on the roster play for high German golf equipment. Twenty-two gamers come from simply 4 golf equipment: eight from VfL Wolfsburg, the defending league champions, 5 gamers end up for FC Bayern Munich and 5 for Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Germany head coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg is a former Germany Women’s National Team nice who performed 125 instances for her nation. She performed three FIFA Women’s World Cups (1991, 1995, 1999), one Olympics (1996) and 5 UEFA Women’s Championships (1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997). Before taking cost of her house nation, Voss-Tecklenburg took Switzerland into the higher echelon of European ladies’s soccer as head coach from 2012-2018.
USWNT Set To Face Germany In Fort Lauderdale
USWNT Set To Face Germany In Fort Lauderdale
info with out going by us first, so we are able to present you the newest and biggest information with out costing you a dime. The two of chances are you’ll study the specifics of the information collectively, supplying you with a leg up. We’ll get to the following step when a bit of time has gone.
Our aim is to maintain you recent on all the latest information from across the globe by posting related articles on our web site, so that you could be all the time be one step forward. In this fashion, you may by no means fall behind the newest developments in that information.
USWNT Set To Face Germany In Fort Lauderdale